28 May 2019
Polihub, Arena Meeting Room – Via Durando 39, Milano
- Roberto Ascione
- Massimo Beccaria
- Giuseppe Recchia
- Eugenio Santoro
The need to offer better health outcomes to the patient on the one hand and the digital transformation of the processes of research, health management and health care on the other are among the main determinants of the development of Digital Therapy (Digital Therapeutics #DTx).
Digital Therapy represents a new medical intervention for therapeutic purposes, in which the active ingredient is a software. In a similar way to chemical and biotechnological pharmacological therapies, Digital Therapies are developed through experimentation with the aim of demonstrating a clinical benefit for the patient.
Digital Therapies are prescribed by the physician, evaluated with HTA’s own methodology, reimbursed by health systems or insurance companies.
As this is a newly developed health technology, various aspects of HTA have not yet been defined and clarified:
- clinical development, in particular as regards the level of evidence supporting its effectiveness and tolerability,
- regulatory evaluation,
- reimbursement coverage
- introduction into care pathways.
Digital Therapy is not just a new tool for health. Software and digital processes represent new areas of economic development.
The creation of enabling conditions for the research, development and introduction of new Digital Therapies in healthcare processes is a necessary condition for our country to compete globally in the development of these new technologies.
DTxDay2019 will provide answers to some of the open questions and guidelines for the development and entry into medical practice of Digital Therapies.
DTxDay2019 also aims to raise awareness among public and private health and business institutions about this new health technology at an early stage of development and the opportunities that our country can seize through its involvement in its research and development, as a necessary condition to play a leading role in the global development of digital health.
14.00 Introduction to #DTxDay2019 Part 1 Roberto Ascione, Massimo Beccaria, Giuseppe Recchia, Eugenio Santoro
14.15 What role for Open Innovation, Startups and Incubators in the development of Smart Health and Digital Therapy? Stefano Mainetti
14.30 What are Digital Therapeutics? Roberto Ascione
14.45 How to design and develop Digital Therapeutics? Eugenio Santoro
15.00 How do we evaluate and who approves a DTx? Alice Ravizza
15.20 What pathway to reimbursement? Nello Martini, Silvia Calabria
15.40 How can DTx be integrated into healthcare? Giuseppe Recchia with Paolo Brambilla, Betty Dell’Arciprete, Gabriella Levato, Francesco Scaglione, Chiara Sgarbossa
16.40 DTx e Companies : what role for the country? Massimo Beccaria with Amiko Digital Health, Amicomed, daVinci Digital Therapeutics, Sandoz, Otsuka, AstraZeneca, Assolombarda
19.00 Conclusions of DTxDay 2019 Parte 1 – Introduction to DTxDay Part 2^ Eugenio Santoro, Giuseppe Recchia, Massimo Beccaria, Roberto Ascione
- Roberto Ascione – Halthware International, Salerno
- Massimo Beccaria – daVinci Digital Therapeutics, Milan
- Paolo Brambilla – Fondazione IRCCS Ca’ Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Milan
- Silvia Calabria – Fondazione RES, Roma
- Gabriele Ceruti – P2R srl, Bergamo
- Edoardo Damiano – Otsuka, Milan
- Paolo Fedeli – Sandoz, Origgio (VA)
- Gabriella Levato – FIMMG Lombardia, Milan
- Felice Lopane – Assolombarda, Milan
- Duilio Macchi – Amiko Digital Health, London
- Stefano Mainetti – Polihub, Milan
- Nello Martini – Fondazione RES, Rome
- Francesca Patarnello – AstraZeneca, Milan
- Alice Ravizza – DIMEAS Politecnico di Torino e USE-ME-D srl, Turin
- Giuseppe Recchia – Fondazione Smith Kline, Verona
- Giangiacomo Rocco – Amicomed, San Francisco CA USA
- Eugenio Santoro – Istituto Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri IRCCS, Milan
- Francesco Scaglione – University of Milan, Milan
- Chiara Sgarbossa – Politecnico, Milan
Under the patronage of
- University of Milan
- Politecnico of Milan
- Lombardy’s Life Sciences Cluster
Please note, due to the high turnout and the limited number of seats, we cannot guarantee the participation of all. We apologize for the inconvenience.